2009-11-05

The Bell House | Gowanus · Brooklyn · USA | Calendar

This image is a candidate for speedy deletion....Image via Wikipedia
The Bell House | Gowanus · Brooklyn · USA | Calendar: "THU 11/5: 8PM / FREE : front lounge
REMEMBER, REMEMBER THE FIFTH OF NOVEMBER: A GUY FAWKES PARTY
Remember, remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.


It's the 404th anniversary of the day English Parliament did NOT get blown up. Come celebrate with V for Vendetta, Britpop DJs, drink specials on Newcastle, snacks from the Chip Shop, and your best British accent (real or fake). Guy Fawkes Day is England's best holiday, but that's no reason why we can't celebrate it in Brooklyn, too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"eggie in the basket"


Evey Hammond: What is that you're making?

Gordon Deitrich: We call it "eggie in the basket". My mum used to make them.

Evey Hammond: This is weird.

Gordon Deitrich: What?

Evey Hammond: The first morning I was with him, he made me eggs just like this.

Gordon Deitrich: Really?

Evey Hammond: I swear.

Gordon Deitrich: That is a strange coincidence. Although, there's an obvious explanation.

Evey Hammond: There is?

Gordon Deitrich: Yes, Evey. I am V. At last you know the truth. You're stunned, I know. It's hard to believe isn't it, that beneath this wrinkled, well-fed exterior there lies a dangerous killing machine with a fetish for Fawkesian masks. Viva la revolution!

Evey Hammond: That is *not* funny, Gordon.

Gordon Deitrich: [sighs] Yeah, I know. I'm useless without a studio audience.

..
.ero
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment