2010-01-03

Day #5: Eating from my pantry

Since my pantry is stocked with items that I have been dragging around for years, I decided the only way to make sure I get rid of it all without throwing it away was to not go grocery shopping. There will be no grocery shopping at all until Dec 31, while from January 2 through January 31 I will only buy fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and meat. Wine, beer, and soda, of course, are excluded ;-)
Here is the list of items I started out with in my freezer/refrigerator/pantry.


Since we spent the last weekend eating crap over the New Year's weekend, I decided tonight was a good time to go for that Tuna Helper that I dragged with me through several moves and across the country.

I didn't have tuna, but in keeping with the crap theme, I substituted turkey deli slices.

I'm glad this meal is over. I'm looking forward to buying some vegetables tomorrow. :-(

Pantry Item Finished:
• Gumbo canned soup

Pantry Items Used:
• dry milk
• butter
• deli turkey slices

for the zuccini bread
• soy flour
• honey
• vanilla
• olive oil
• salt
• baking powder
• baking soda
• cinnamon
• whole wheat flour
• wheat germ
• oats
• last summer's garden zuccini
• peanuts
• dried cranberries

Him:
Fantastic! *then looks up the history on the Hamburger Helper line*

Me:
I have one Chicken Helper left in the pantry....and then never, ever again.

Day #1
Day #2
Day #3
Day #4



No comments:

Post a Comment